The Chancery Lane Project’s (TCLP) Construction & Infrastructure event series will bring together key stakeholders and sector specialist lawyers to collaborate on drafting contract clauses that support the industry’s transition to net zero emissions.
Lend us your expertise and help draft these clauses by registering your interest in joining this event series here.
Participants in the event series are invited to develop clauses under these principal themes:
- Pre-construction Net Zero Scoping, Procurement and Financing of building and infrastructure construction projects
- Whole life decarbonisation of infrastructure assets, buildings and associated value chains
- Retrofitting existing infrastructure assets and buildings
- Transparency, disclosure and reporting.
You can attend any session as a standalone event, or all sessions for the comprehensive experience.
For more information about the event series, a summary of climate challenges affecting the sector and a list of further reading to help you reflect on possible solutions, read our Construction & Infrastructure event series report.
Review our bank of existing Construction & Infrastructure clauses here, or search for them on the Model Clauses page of our website, to inspire ideas for new clauses and avoid duplication of existing content.
If you have any questions about this event series, please contact us.
How to join Sessions One and Two
Join this TCLP Zoom Room a few minutes before each session. Events start promptly to maximise time for idea generation in Session One and clause development in Session Two.
Anyone can participate in our events, at any point. You do not need to be an expert in the practice area or industry being discussed but before joining the events, we ask that you:
- Reflect on the climate challenges in the sector and potential solutions to them
- Review our existing clauses so that your ideas propose opportunities for new drafting and don’t duplicate existing content
- Join our Slack channel to communicate with peers interested in this event. Please note that you will need to join the general TCLP Slack channel in order for the event-specific link below to work. Find out how here
Session One: Generating ideas for clauses
9:30 - 11 am (BST)
- Short presentation – brief overview of climate drafting opportunities aligned with the focus areas identified in our event report;
- Five minute timed idea generation exercise in which you anonymously submit ideas for clauses, tagging your submission with one of the focus areas;
- As a group, review and reflect on the submitted ideas;
- Discursively explore the ideas and select ones to take forward, forming drafting teams to do so; and
- Agree next steps for progressing the clause ideas in TCLP’s Drafting Outline document before Session Two. The Drafting Outline is where you research and flesh out the climate issue, your proposed solution to it and its potential impact, as well as the legal and environmental context.
Session Two: Developing ideas for clauses
9:30 - 11 am BST
- Receive feedback on your Drafting Outline from the group and come with any questions that you may need help with; and
- Refine the drafting brief and contextual research so that you are ready to begin drafting using your copy of our Final Drafting Submission Document.
Clause submission deadline
- Deadline for submitting drafted clauses to TCLP using the Construction & Infrastructure Clause Submission Form.
- After submission, the clauses undergo a rigorous peer review process by TCLP’s partner law firms and specialist editors, before being published as an open source knowledge resource on our website.
Practical Workshop: Construction and Infrastructure Climate Clauses in Action
9 - 10:30 am (BST)
- Attend our practical workshops to collaborate with other lawyers on how to use and implement our model climate clauses in this sector.
- More information on the event can be found on our Climate Clauses in Action event page.