Apply for this role here. Applications will be accepted until 9am 4 September 2023.
- The Chancery Lane Project (TCLP) is the largest network of lawyers and business leaders using commercial contracts to deliver rapid decarbonisation.
- We are seeking a full time Operations and People Assistant to join this dynamic and fast-moving project as it begins to scale globally.
- This role will support our Head of Operations and People in their day-to-day activities and also perform a variety of administrative and organisational tasks working closely with the whole TCLP team.
- Read more about TCLP in our Information Pack and our plans in our summary strategy.
- TCLP is a family-friendly organisation, and we are committed to equal treatment of all current and prospective employees. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.
- Start date: ASAP.
- Salary: £29,500 p.a.
- This is a full time permanent role.
- Remote working, UK-based.
- 25 days holiday p.a. plus public holidays.
About the role
- As Operations and People Assistant you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth running of TCLP’s operational and people processes, driving efficiency and enabling the TCLP team to focus on key priorities by providing seamless administrative support.
- This role will report to the Head of Operations and People.
- Provide administrative people support, particularly around recruitment:
- Support the hiring manager in the creation of job descriptions and advertising of roles;
- Coordinate candidate applications for hiring managers and those involved in the process;
- Diarise interviews and liaise with candidates;
- Design interview questions and skills testing with the hiring manager, where required;
- Address candidates’ questions and ensure they are kept updated throughout the process with timely communications to ensure a positive candidate experience;
- Coordinate feedback from interview panels and communicate this to candidates;
- Generate offer paperwork and employment contracts and send these to candidates;
- Conduct right to work and reference checks; and
- Coordinate onboarding and induction of new starters.
- Facilitate training and organise learning sessions for the TCLP team.
- Maintain internal HR databases and systems including BambooHR, providing people metrics from the system as and when required.
- Support the Head of Operations and People and core TCLP team with a wide variety of operational tasks.
- Maintain the team calendar and organise team meetings.
- Collaborate with the Head of Operations and People to streamline internal processes for efficiency.
- Support the implementation of standardised practices.
- Maintain accurate documentation of operational protocols.
- Generate reports as required.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, who is passionate about sustainability and making a difference on climate change.
You will have the following general attributes:
- Strategic abilities and creativity (meaning, the ability to: keep TCLP’s strategic aims front and centre in your work and to use your creativity and lateral thinking to come up with innovative solutions that deliver our strategy).
- Understanding of and passion for taking action to deliver real change in the climate crisis.
- Empathy, compassion and the ability to enable the full potential of others.
- Independent thinking and passion for learning.
- Agility and adaptability (specifically, the ability to: be comfortable with a high degree of variety in your role and accept when a course of action is not delivering the desired impact and pivot so that it does).
- Collegiality and inclusivity.
Specifically, the candidate will have the following attributes:
- Previous administrative experience in an operations and/or people role.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- High IT proficiency and literacy, especially in Google Workspace.
- Resourceful and self-motivated, with a can-do attitude.
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable multitasking and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Discretion and ability to interact with internal and external people at all levels.
- Experience using Notion (desirable).