TCLP Launches Net Zero Toolkit
The Chancery Lane Project (TCLP) has officially launched its Net Zero Toolkit – a package of new tools and clauses to help you achieve your net zero goals.
The TCLP team are extremely grateful for the exceptional expertise, efforts and contributions of our volunteer community over the last six months, without which we would not be able to launch the Toolkit today.
We are delighted to announce that in addition to our 69 pre-existing clauses, including 23 best-in class high ambition clauses aligned with the Paris Agreement’s goals, 20 new climate clauses drafted during the 2021 events programme are now available on our website. The new clauses include:
Construction and Infrastructure
- Robyn’s Questionnaire – Subcontractor/ Supplier Self-Assessment Climate Questionnaire
- Rose’s Clause – GHG Emissions Management Plans in Infrastructure and Construction Project Finance
- Elsie’s Resolutions – Shareholder Resolutions Relating to a Company’s Climate Change Commitments
- Emilio’s Checklist – Climate Policy Footprint
- Javier’s Clause – Stakeholder Company Climate Questionnaire
- Griff’s Clause – Template Board Paper for Significant Contracts/ Transactions
- Lila’s Clause – Board Paper Implementing Net Zero for SMEs
- Pasfield’s Clause – Paris Aligned Company Objects
- Sasha’s Clause – Net Zero Within Company Whistleblowing Policies
- Ragnar’s Clause – Green Company Articles
- Evie’s Clause – Debt Finance Clauses (and LMA Facility Amendments) Promoting Sustainable Water Usage (recategorised from Water to Finance)
- Tilly’s Clause – Climate Checklist for Prospectuses and Other Public Offering Documents
IP, IT, TMT, Life Sciences, Data Protection & Information Law
- Alexandros’ Clause – Net Zero Sponsor Activation Clause
- Cassie’s Clause – Insurance: Disclosure and Mitigation of Pending Climate Change Litigation
- Charlotte’s Clause – Green Dispute Reporting in After the Event Insurance Policies
- Kitty’s Clause – General Condition to Commercial Insurance Policies: Climate Change Risk Assessment
- Eddie’s Recitals – Climate Recitals
- Lagatha’s Clause – Auditing Water Usage in Supply Chains (recategorised from Water to Supply Chains)
- Raphael’s Procurement DDQ – Climate Change Due Diligence Questionnaire for Suppliers
- Sebastian’s Clause – Entire Business Net Zero Objectives
Across each sector there are a number of clauses that are either very close to publication, back with the original drafting teams for further review or still being drafted. These clauses will be released and made available on our website on a rolling basis from w/c 4th October 2021 onwards and we will be sure to keep you regularly updated on their status over the coming weeks.
If you have any questions about a clause you were involved with, or indeed any matter related to the Net Zero Toolkit, please feel free to contact Humzah Kahn.