Climate Change Mitigation Measures means the measures taken by [organisation name] [and [name of supply chain partner]] to reduce their Greenhouse Gas emissions [and to meet the Net Zero Target in the [environmental policy].
Climate Change Mitigation Measures means technologies, processes or practices that contribute to Climate Change Mitigation, including but not limited to renewable energy (RE) technologies, waste minimisation processes, public transport commuting practices and carbon dioxide removal options.
Model laws definition
Climate Change Mitigation means human intervention or efforts to reduce the sources or enhance the sinks of Greenhouse Gas emissions.
Climate Change Mitigation Policies means measures taken and/or mandated by government, often in conjunction with business and industry, either within a single country or collectively with other countries, to accelerate mitigation.
Examples of mitigation measures
- Designing buildings to use less fuel or electricity
- Making plans for new cities
- Improvements to a cook stove design
- Low-carbon transport such as creating high-tech subway systems or creating cycle paths and walkways
- Carbon capture and storage (CCS) technologies
Examples of mitigation policies
- Support mechanisms for renewable energy supplies
- Carbon or energy taxes
- Fuel efficiency standards for vehicles automobiles
Supply chain clauses, national climate laws, organisation climate change policies International agreements, finance documentation.
Used in Archie’s Clause [Premium adjustment for D&O Climate-related financial disclosures] and Toby’s Clause [Avoidance of excessive paperwork in Dispute Resolution].